Under the supervision of the PACE Organization of Rhode Island Vice President of Operations, the Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the management and operation of all activities related to transport services, oversight of transportation related staff, vendors and coordination of transportation to outside medical appointments and activities for all PORI clients. This position requires a high degree of problem solving, organizational skills and thorough and clear communication skills. The PACE Organization of Rhode Island operates out of 3 Day Centers (Providence, Westerly & Woonsocket) providing services to nearly 300 participants. The Transportation Coordinator works out of the Providence facility.
- Oversee the appropriate coordination of route logistics of the PORI driver fleet across all sites, alternative care settings and medical appointments.
- Ensure clear communication with all drivers and transportation/escort aides regarding duties and responsibilities and assignment of runs, care of clients and unique situations.
- Serves as liaison at interdisciplinary team meetings for transportation staff
- Ensures communication with all transportation staff and vendors to provide quality care and safe transport
- Participates in development of Care Plans for all transport related events and needs by setting measurable goals and implementing strategies to meet goals
- Assists with development, oversight, implementation and adherence to regulations, policies, procedures, and standards for all services in consultation with other management staff.
- Oversees the management of ordering, requesting, delivery and tracking of equipment specific to the transportation department and its resources. Is primary communicator with vendors on van maintenance and supply vendors.
- Maintains a working knowledge regarding all State and Federal regulations concerning transportation issues and reportable incidents. Completes all necessary reports for State Transportation contract compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 3 years of related work experience including experience working with a senior population
- Ability to coordinate logistics and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent personnel management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and electronic tracking systems
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data using Excel
- Positive thinker/self-starter