The PACE Organization of Rhode Island is seeking an Administrative Assistant to serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Administrative Assistant serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates administrative outreach and external relations efforts; and supports the completion of special projects. The Administrative Assistant must be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the organization; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for the organization such as answering telephones, managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, transcription of minutes, presentations, and correspondence to external stake holders.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidential files as directed and shows the ability to track and organize corporate documents, contracts, board documents, and other related correspondence.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” role. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize Microsoft programs and a variety of technological support to the CEO and organization.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department/division policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings with the understanding that information is sometimes confidential.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, staff, and others on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the CEO and in collaboration with the VP of Strategic Initiatives. Some of which may have organizational impact.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, special events, retreats and/or other similar activities for CEO and all staff, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements, itineraries, and compilation of necessary documents prior to departure.
Establishes methods of tracking management projects and reports back to the CEO any relevant information. Follows up on action items as appropriate and supports various committees.
- Serve as a resource to management and staff; assisting with problem solving, creating new ideas, and forming new work groups to achieve goals in line with the strategic plan.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (offset combination of education and experience will be considered)
- 1-3 years of executive administrative support experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- NASDAQ Board Portal software experience a plus.
- Exceptional writing, editing and organizational skills.
- Must be positive and professional, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to maintain focus in a dynamic environment.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required; (occasional travel to all PACE-RI sites as well as to associated events throughout the state required).
- Flexibility to attend early morning or evening meetings as necessary.
PACE-RI offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b with company match, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, 10 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (including your birthday).
About the PACE Organization of Rhode Island:
With a mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community, the PACE Organization of Rhode Island provides Community-Based Health Care and Support Services in order to ensure the needs of our participants are fully met through a plan of care that is specific to each and every person.
PACE-RI is dedicated to the values of equal employment opportunity and strives to develop and cultivate a diverse and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to its mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community.
All applicants, including internal PACE-RI applicants, will be considered on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job successfully.