PACE Organization of Rhode Island is seeking a Communications Specialist to develop and execute programs that increase the visibility and reputation of the company. This person will work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on content creation and enterprise storytelling, corporate reputation management, brand building, and outreach to a variety of stakeholders. In this role, you will develop high quality written materials, including press releases, pitches, background research, key messaging, social media posts, internal and external communications and executive communications. You will drive story idea development and work closely with a range of subject matter experts to create compelling communications that support our objectives.
Content Development and Execution:
- Write, edit and proofread a wide range of materials including news releases, press statements, press kits, social media copy, promotional items, newsletters, HR materials, management messaging, mission-related work, organizational goals, op-eds and bylines to articulate programs, policies, positions, activities, products and services of PACE. Work with subject matter experts to craft key messages, talking points, calls-to-actions and other content and image elements. Write content for e-newsletters, brochures, scripts, website content, and other materials as needed. Create “participant stories,” short video vignettes about our clients and our staff who serve them.
- Lead communication for the organization on all social media channels. Provide daily content posting to and monitoring of social networks to ensure positive communications that help to increase brand awareness and build a community of advocates. Support the social media and marketing plans by executing paid and organic social media campaigns.
Communications Planning and Coordination:
- Participate in team discussions to provide communications advice for campaigns and issues. Develop editorial calendar. Contribute to the creation of communications plans, earned media strategies, company initiatives and special projects. Implement integrated communications plans for campaigns and issues. Assist with crisis communications planning and implementation, as appropriate. Complete special projects as assigned.
- Proactively build relationships and pitch reporters to secure coverage for PACE and interview opportunities for our subject matter experts and spokespeople. Develop media materials, support and prepare subject matter experts for story opportunities, recommend topics for content development and propose strategies to increase visibility on key issues while balancing multiple priorities.
Analytics and Measurement:
- Evaluate outcomes and recommend adjustments and new techniques based on industry trends and insights. Assess the effectiveness of communications materials, strategies, tactics and campaigns and recommend modifications to achieve goals. Monitor news and internet daily for charting, distributing and archiving media coverage. Research, compile, and analyze media coverage in monthly reports. Create media audits to understand the conversation and coverage on pressing issues/topics. Ensure consistent messaging, professionalism and compliance with federal and state regulations.
Spokesperson Role and Duties:
- Act as a spokesperson for PACE with representatives from internal and external public, especially the media, as appropriate. Represent PACE at community events, press conferences, and trade meetings, as needed.
Coalition and Association Participation:
- Participate on external/internal coalitions and committees as requested. Coordinate staff input on public relations and media activities conducted by external coalitions and build relationships with National PACE Association colleagues, as appropriate. Support special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, public relations, or a news reporting capacity
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Please submit examples of writing
- Experience writing & distributing press releases
- Experience developing media contacts
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience creating info-graphics, presentations and/or data dashboards a plus.
- Experience with healthcare, Medicare or other regulated industry a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative and bring projects through to completion.
- Positive and professional, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented.
- Ability to maintain focus in a dynamic environment.