The primary responsibility of this position is to provide day center participants with quality food in a safe, sanitary environment. It is expected that this professional will follow food safety and sanitation guidelines and assist in the service of food in a courteous manner keeping particular attention to the specific dietary and texture needs of the participants they serve.
- Maintain a sanitary environment according to food safety guidelines in which food can be prepared, stored and served.
- Attends in-services to ensure compliance and understanding of all applicable Federal and State regulations including the Food Codes.
- Displays awareness and follows diet orders of all special dietary needs, special textures, allergies and requirements of the day center participants.
- Has awareness and follows DOH regulations for timeliness with food and snack preparation. Can balance participants rights with DOH regulations when necessary
- Assist in providing “hot holding” procedures for the days meal. Ensuring proper hot and cold temperatures according to food safety guidelines.
- Ensures that the meal plan for each participant is followed according to the Registered Dieticians instructions.
- Helps problem solve food issues and kitchen problems in an accurate and timely manner
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must maintain an active food safety manager certification (must obtain within 90 days of hire)