This position reports to the Transportation Coordinator and is responsible for pick-up and delivery of passengers on a door-to door basis to and from their destination according to a pre-arranged schedule.
- Provides scheduled transports and independently maps the efficient routing of passengers on a daily basis.
- Provides for the safety of all passengers from the time of pick up to delivery to the drop off destination.
- Assists passengers to embark and disembark from the vehicle and assists in carrying packages, bundles, walkers or passengers’ personal belongings.
- Secures each passenger and wheelchair in vehicle before the vehicle is moved.
- Ensures all participants have been unloaded safely from the vehicle and the vehicle is parked in a safe and secure location.
- Performs physical inspections of all seats and all interior spaces of the vehicle.
- Timely reporting of all incidents and or special situations to Transportation Coordinator.
- Familiarity with and adherence to agency policies relative to transportation dept. and accidents.
- Completes written passenger logs, vehicle and maintenance reports as required for system evaluation.
- Provides assistance in Day Center as needed.
- Clean Driving Record
- Valid Chauffeurs License
- Valid CPR Certification
- 1 year of experience working with a frail or elderly population