Under the supervision of the Chief of Organizational Performance, the Education & Research Associate provides staff development expertise as an educator, facilitator, coordinator, collaborator and leader. These attributes support the development of PACE-RI Staff, and foster empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidenced based care. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process – assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of competency assessment, continuing education and leadership development. In addition, the position provides coordination, support and guidance to the academic community and the students that are provided with PACE-RI placements.
- Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all education programs offered at PACE-RI
- Assists with on-boarding and orientation of new staff, students and volunteers to the organization
- Develops in partnership with management and then coordinates education plans related to initial and ongoing competency validation
- Plans, prepares and maintains materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience
- Identifies and evaluates instructional materials in all types of media and formats; use feedback and results to drive use of resources
- Manages Relias to maximize use of online educational tools intended to create efficient timely learning and ensure tracking for regulatory compliance
- Provides educational opportunities that benefit staff at all stages of their career development
- Evaluates the effectiveness of educational programming and its impact on employees as it relates to a better understanding of policies and regulations
- Teaches content as needed and/or assigned within expertise to facilitate orientation, staff development and/or safe practice.
- Audit compliance of staff with use of required education seminars and activities
- Extracts information on performance improvement opportunities from employee annual evaluations to create a responsive educational program that helps address the learning needs identified by managers.
- Represents PACE-RI to research/academic settings that will result in participation in valuable, innovative and results oriented research
- Coordinates and administers all aspects of the organization’s student internship program
- Facilitates the learning process, creating education opportunities for all learners, staff, participants, families, students and partners in care.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience in outreach and relationship building with student/intern referral sources
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to collate information from multiple sources to identify training needs, create plan to address gaps, and implement
- Experience in public speaking and delivering training programs to individuals and groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PACE-RI offers a full benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, 10 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (including your birthday).
About the PACE Organization of Rhode Island:
With a mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community, the PACE Organization of Rhode Island provides Community-Based Health Care and Support Services in order to ensure the needs of our participants are fully met through a plan of care that is specific to each and every person.
PACE-RI is dedicated to the values of equal employment opportunity and strives to develop and cultivate a diverse and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to its mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community.
All applicants, including internal PACE-RI applicants, will be considered on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job successfully.