Main responsibilities are to maintain and develop the home care department. Position is responsible for the coordination and scheduling homecare services provided in the home, including home health aides, homemakers, and supplies and equipment (via the Supplies and Equipment Specialist). Liaison for outside homecare vendors, health care professionals and internal case management staff to coordinate and oversee home care services, and any supportive services that may arise as related to participant’s individual non-clinical home care needs. Position reports to the Vice President of Clinical Services
- Responsible for hiring and supervision of home health aides (HHA), homemakers, home care scheduler, and supply and equipment specialist
- Represents Home Care at daily IDT meetings and care plan meetings providing information on schedules, changes, goals and services delivery issues.
- Coordinates communication between HHA, vendors and interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides periodic home visits to compete staff evaluations, attend family meetings, address problems and mentor staff,
- Monitor utilization and home care hours for appropriateness of services, efficiency, and consistency with care plans.
- Formulates tools and procedures that address work load for staff and improve and enhance communication with vendors, families and IDT.
- Facilitates problem solving and is the liaison for all home care vendors and home-based staff for non-clinical issues.
- Participates in contract oversight and maintains a professional relationship with all vendors and potential vendors of PACE-RI.
- Monitors use of supplies and equipment
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. In lieu of degree, equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role (including staff management)
- 2 years of health care related experience; home care experience preferred
- Proficient to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR), practice management and/or scheduling software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Previous vendor/contract coordination experience
- Valid RI Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation; travel throughout RI required.
PACE offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, 10 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (including your birthday).
About the PACE Organization of Rhode Island:
With a mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community, the PACE Organization of Rhode Island provides Community-Based Health Care and Support Services in order to ensure the needs of our participants are fully met through a plan of care that is specific to each and every person.
PACE is dedicated to the values of equal employment opportunity and strives to develop and cultivate a diverse and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to its mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community.
All applicants, including internal PACE applicants, will be considered on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job successfully