Under the supervision of the Nursing & Home Care Manager, provides homemaking services according to individual care plans for participants of the PACE Organization of Rhode Island. Oversight of performance and job duties conducted by the Home Care Lead CNA during supervisory visits and more frequently as needed.
- Observes participants for emotional, behavioral and physical changes in condition including, but not limited to any changes in mood, food/fluid intake, speech, ambulation and transfer ability, or other concerns as reported by participant. Promptly reports participant change of condition to supervisor or nursing staff.
- Provides behavioral supervision and support for participants, monitors for and responds to behavioral disturbances such as wandering, agitation, restlessness, exit seeking, etc.
- Reports and concerns to supervisory staff to assure that a clean, sanitary, and safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Assists with meal services following dietary restrictions and encourages health choices.
- Responsible for light housekeeping of participant care areas in home. Does laundry, shopping and errands as assigned.
- Assists with implementing recreation programs in a home setting as well as engaging participant in conversation and activity of choice.
- Assists participants with physical activities in support of restorative care plans, that do not require hands on assist (example: walking for exercise).
- Valid Homemaker Certification, required
- Valid RI Driver License and access to reliable transportation, required