The PACE Organization of Rhode Island is seeking a Human Resource Assistant to provide administrative support across all functional areas of HR including: recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee file maintenance, competency and leave tracking, and benefit management. Ability to maintain highly confidential information and manage multiple competing priorities with a customer services mindset is critical to this role.
Maintains Employee Files:
- Ensures employee files are up to date. Ensures filing is done accurately according to established employee file table of content and in a timely
Competency & Leave Tracking:
- Ensures that the tracking of competencies and leaves is done in a timely and accurate manner. Keeps employee requirement tracking grid up to
- Sends regular reminders of upcoming evaluations; informs HR Manager of missed targets
- Tracks and ensures Initial & Annual Competencies are completed and documented. Sends reminders in a timely manner to ensure compliance deadlines are
- Provides administrative support for the tracking and monitoring of all leaves of absences. Completes necessary supporting documentation as instructed by HR
- Assists HR Manager with the administration of the organization’s benefit
- Assists with the administrative coordination of the organization’s open enrollment period. Employee, Management & Community Relations:
- Ensures positive and supportive employee relations; maintains collegial and productive working relationships with management and is a forward-facing ambassador for the HR Department as well as PACE-RI.
- Ensures integrity of highly confidential
- Responds to requests for information, reports, or support services in a timely
- Effectively prioritizes workflow and competing demands for time; consistently and accurately meets deadlines.
- Works with HR manager to recruit, hire and retain qualified
- Publishes, posts and maintains job ads in accordance with departmental
- Screens candidate applications for targeted recruitment efforts and coordinates and confirms interviews as
- Checks candidate references
Onboarding of New Employees:
- Works with HR Manager to successfully onboard and orient new employees to PACE-RI.
- Uses new hire checklist to ensure consistency across all departmental disciplines to welcome new staff to PACE-RI.
- Creates new employee files following established template and prepares all new hire paperwork for employees.
- Ensures compliance of immunization documentation and requirements for new
- Enters new hires into the BCI tracking system; updates system as necessary and removes employees from the system at the time of
- Coordinates new hire orientation including scheduling, room set-up, new employee binders and new hire paperwork, and document tracking. Facilitates new employee orientation as
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in HR or relevant field preferred (offset combination of education and experience will be considered)
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative support role
- 1 year of HR support experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel,
- Positive and professional, with a can-do
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks and
- Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented.
- Ability to maintain focus in a dynamic
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required; (occasional travel to all PACE-RI sites as well as to recruitment events throughout the state required).
PACE-RI offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b with match, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, 10 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (including your birthday).
About the PACE Organization of Rhode Island:
With a mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community, the PACE Organization of Rhode Island provides Community-Based Health Care and Support Services in order to ensure the needs of our participants are fully met through a plan of care that is specific to each and every person.
PACE-RI is dedicated to the values of equal employment opportunity and strives to develop and cultivate a diverse and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to its mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community.
All applicants, including internal PACE-RI applicants, will be considered on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job successfully.