The Health Center Medical Assistant assists the medical team with organizing, scheduling and follow-through of participants seen by the medical providers in the Health Center. Candidate must have strong computer and time management skills to help coordinate and run a busy health center.
- Ensure efficient function of the Health Center, assisting medical staff through the health center visit (sets up clinic rooms, ensures adequate supplies, cleans and sanitizes clinic rooms between appointments and restocks at end of day).
- Maintain paperwork associated with health center visits.
- Acts as communicator between clinic team and day center nursing team.
- Escorts participants to Health Center appointments based on their pre-scheduled visits, assists with treatment RN assessment and disposition, and outside vendor visits.
- May assist with calls to participant’s family members to inform of next appointment or upcoming medical test/procedure or consult.
- Manages and coordinates the schedule of all in-house clinics (dental podiatry, psych, etc.) and assists in facilitating the appointments in the health center.
- Assists in maintaining communication with nursing department regarding any follow-up or medical treatment requested by MD or NP.
- Obtains vital signs and weights for every medical visit and documents in EMR.
- Assists medical providers throughout the medical visit as needed. Assists clients to and from clinic rooms for appointments. Provides hands-on assistance with procedures, dressing and undressing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, required
- Previous experience working with older adults, required
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, required
- Valid driver’s license with ability to travel between PACE sites as necessary, required
- Bilingual (Spanish), preferred