Under the clinical supervision of the Nurse Practitioners and the administrative supervision of the Nursing & Home Care Manager, the Day Center Nurse’s responsibilities include monitoring the health status of all participants present in the PACE center. The Day Center Nurse provides initial nursing triage to assure prompt and appropriate medical and nursing care and can determine appropriate disposition based on nursing assessment. Performs all nursing tasks and assessments required of participants in the PACE day center.
Applicants must have excellent nursing assessment, organizational and problem-solving skills. Candidates must be willing to be flexible and possess the ability to work within a system and independently as needed. Attention to detail, good communication skills and a desire to work with older adults are essential qualities job applicants should possess.
- R.N. License, required
- Bachelor’s, preferred
- 2 years experience working in an Adult Day Center, Nursing Home or Home Care setting, preferred
- Excellent nursing assessment, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail, with exceptional communication skills
- Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team, preferred
- Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation, required
- Willingness to provide community-based care as necessary, requiredCPR certification, required