Reporting to the Social Work Manager, the Social Worker is responsible for providing social work services to participants and their families to address psychosocial and environmental factors which impact their healthy functioning and/or recovery. The Social Worker functions as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team providing direct clinical services including assessment, brief intervention, and coordination of services. The Social Worker develops treatment plans and initiates clinical interventions utilizing individual and group treatment modalities to maximize health status and achieve participant goals. This position serves as an advocate for participants and families within the organization and in the community, with an emphasis on self-determination, to improve social supports and community resources. The Social Worker is expected to maintain and enhance professional expertise through appropriate educational activities and to participate in quality improvement efforts.
Applicants must have excellent assessment, organization and problem-solving skills; and the ability to collaborate with team members and to work independently in the community with frail elders and their families. Strong skills in crisis intervention, motivational interviewing, and care coordination are essential.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school of Social Work
- Valid Social Work License from the State of RI
- Minimum of 2 years of direct service work experience
- Valid driver’s license; reliable transportation
- Experience in a medical setting or geriatric care strongly preferred
- Expertise in substance use treatment preferred
- Bilingual candidate (Spanish speaking) preferred