We Help People Like Jose
Jose is 67 years young and suffered a devastating stroke in early 2015. When Jose joined PACE, his mobility was reduced to the limitations of a wheelchair and the former professional sports announcer was unable to speak. Because stroke affects many parts of the brain, also absent was Jose’s once easy-going and cheerful personality.
Although the stroke had taken much from this vibrant man, our team was determined to provide the best medical care, compassion, and support, even when Jose protested. As we got to know Jose better, we learned he loves Spanish music. The power of music as therapy in the care of patients with stroke and dementia is well documented in research studies and is used at PACE as a calming intervention. Today, if you were to visit our center, you would find Jose listening to Spanish music and sporting a wide smile.
The Right Care at the Right Time
At PACE, we embrace every gray hair and honor the wisdom that comes with graceful aging by delivering the full spectrum of care that supports independence: the PACE way to care.
It’s easy to begin the enrollment process:
1. Call 401.490.6566 to speak with one of our enrollment specialists.
2. A PACE Enrollment Specialist will take your information over the phone.
3. The PACE Enrollment Specialist will follow up with the client and/or family to work through the process: someone is by your side every step of the way!
We help those who are:
- 55 years or older
- In need of a clinical level of care (high, highest) as determined by the state
- Able to live safely in the community at time of enrollment
- Residents in our service area
- PACE RI serves the entire state, excluding Block Island & Prudence Island
MEET THE HELPERS
“Working with PACE allows me to meet so many who we can work with to allow them to remain independent, and their families to know there is someone here to help.”