The primary responsibility of this position is to provide day center participants with quality food in a safe, sanitary environment. It is expected that this professional will follow food safety and sanitation guidelines and assist in the service of food in a courteous manner keeping particular attention to the specific dietary and texture needs of the participants they serve.
- Maintain a sanitary environment according to food safety guidelines in which food can be prepared, stored and served.
- Attends in-services to ensure compliance and understanding of all applicable Federal and State regulations including the Food
- Displays awareness and follows diet orders of all special dietary needs, special textures, allergies and requirements of the day center
- Has awareness and follows DOH regulations for timeliness with food and snack preparation. Can balance participants rights with DOH regulations when necessary
- Assist in providing “hot holding” procedures for the days meal. Ensuring proper hot and cold temperatures according to food safety
- Ensures that the meal plan for each participant is followed according to the Registered Dieticians
- Helps problem solve food issues and kitchen problems in an accurate and timely manner
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 Year Experience in Facility Kitchen
- Must maintain a food safety manager certification (or must obtain within 90 days of hire; PACE sponsored)
PACE-RI offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b with match, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, 10 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (including your birthday).
About the PACE Organization of Rhode Island:
With a mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community, the PACE Organization of Rhode Island provides Community-Based Health Care and Support Services in order to ensure the needs of our participants are fully met through a plan of care that is specific to each and every person.
PACE-RI is dedicated to the values of equal employment opportunity and strives to develop and cultivate a diverse and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to its mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community.
All applicants, including internal PACE-RI applicants, will be considered on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job successfully.