The PACE Organization of Rhode Island is seeking an IDT Coordinator to perform a variety of staff support duties for their Interdisciplinary Team. The IDT Coordinator must possess a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures in order to best assist the Interdisciplinary Team. The IDT Coordinator assists and directs visitors when needed, and resolves Interdisciplinary scheduling problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents resulting from IDT decisions and team meetings.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Maintains skills level tracking for clinical staff. Generates skill level notifications, sends to appropriate facilities and notes return with signature. Obtains necessary documentation from skilled facilities to evaluate progress/skilled needs. Performs these tasks for all 3 sites.
- Will triage phone calls for the IDT and manage messages of importance that need immediate assistance. (clinical/medical phone calls are triaged by nursing and the Health Center Administrative Assistant)
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for the IDT such as answering telephones, scheduling appointments and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Serves as facilitator or scribe when needed for care planning meetings and morning team meetings. Attends all morning team meetings to gather information about admissions, discharges, change of status or service requests.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department/division policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Maintains and updates the case management list monthly.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for IDT staff, which may include coordinating intake visits with the Intake Coordinator and scheduling interpreters.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates the medical record, and/or other required documents. Updates day center attendance; sends change of status emails for day center changes.
- Maintains tracking of all participant hospitalizations, ER visits and SNF admissions and discharges for the Providence site only.
- Gathers and ensures completion of paperwork when there is a participant admitted to hospital, ER, or nursing facility (for skilled, respite care or custodial placement) from PACE or from the community and faxes to appropriate facility according to process.
- Maintains the Care plan calendar tracking for the IDT and schedules all routine and COS care plans and huddles and informs the IDT of assessments due.
- Closes care plans prior to new care plan date and assures that all care plans are ‘approved’ after they occur.
- Enters authorizations and end dates for all hospitalizations, ALF, SNF, NF and Care Giver Home admissions and discharges.
- Notification to RI DHS when participant address changes, is institutionalized for skilled services more than 30 days or when participant dies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Serves as a back up to the receptionist for breaks and time off.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (offset combination of education and experience will be considered)
- 1-3 years of administrative support experience
- 1-3 years of relevant health care related experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be positive and professional, with a can-do attitude.
Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented mindset.
Ability to maintain focus in a dynamic environment.
Ability to maintain integrity of confidential information including HIPAA.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required; (occasional travel to all PACE-RI sites as well as to associated events throughout the state required).
PACE-RI offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b with match, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, 10 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (including your birthday).
About the PACE Organization of Rhode Island:
With a mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community, the PACE Organization of Rhode Island provides Community-Based Health Care and Support Services in order to ensure the needs of our participants are fully met through a plan of care that is specific to each and every person.
PACE-RI is dedicated to the values of equal employment opportunity and strives to develop and cultivate a diverse and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to its mission to preserve and sustain the independence of older adults who have significant health needs and wish to remain in the community.
All applicants, including internal PACE-RI applicants, will be considered on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job successfully.